Who we are
We are Potential Kids (a project supported by Welwyn Hatfield Community and Voluntary Services Ltd – Registration number 07525220).
We are a “data controller” for the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and also The Data Protection Act 1998. This means that we are responsible for deciding what personal information we need to collect from you, how we store it and how we will use it.
We hope that the information set out in this document will give you a better understanding of what we do with your data but if you have any questions please contact Angela Gaughan by:
Writing: Potential Kids at Gracemead House, Woods Avenue, Hatfield, Herts AL10 8HX
Calling: 07740 257601 or by Emailing: [email protected]
How we collect information about you
We collect information about you so that we can make sure we can communicate details of the most relevant activity sessions/workshops, events available to your families.
We collect information in various ways:
- When you join as a member and fill in the registration form
- When you and your children attend one of our social activity sessions/workshops
- When you phone or email Potential Kids to get advice on upcoming sessions
- When you access the Potential Kids on Face book page for upcoming sessions
- When you interact with us through third parties. For example if you make a donation through a third party such as Paypal or one of the other third parties we work with
Information we collect and why we use it
The personal information we collect about you includes details such as your name, child and siblings names, ages, address, phone numbers, email address, school.
We mainly use this information to do the following:
- Provide you with regular details of the activity sessions/workshops that you can access by being a member of Potential Kids
- Provide additional information if you have booked an activity session/workshop
- To keep a record of your membership with Potential Kids and the services you access
- To verify that Gift Aid on donations has only been received where you have completed the Gift Aid declaration
- To conduct regular surveys to make sure that Potential Kids is providing effective support to you and your family
We may also use your personal information to:
- Contact you about any fundraising we are doing and how you can help
- Invite you to take part in surveys run by outside agencies which we think would be of interest to you
Sensitive Personal Information
We will only use this information:
- For the purposes of providing you and your family with advice and support that is relevant to the needs of your family
- For evaluating the services we provide so we can make any improvements required
- We will not pass on your details (or details about your family) without your permission other than in exceptional circumstances. An example of this would be if someone shared with us information relating to the possible neglect or abuse of their children.
- Occasionally we use case studies to share with our funders or to use in an article to raise awareness of the work we do. We will always ask for your explicit consent to do this and we will use substitute names to protect you and your family’s identity.
The other type of sensitive personal information that we hold is details about support your child may need. Again we will be very careful to keep this information confidential and as this is not relevant to the support we provide you with, we only use it to check that our services are open and accessible to everyone.