Welcome to Potential Kids
What is Potential Kids?
Potential Kids is an award winning charity based in Welwyn/Hatfield providing learning, social and sports opportunities to Neurodiverse children / young people (Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Tourette Syndrome amongst other conditions), their siblings and families.
We offer after-school and weekend activity sessions for neurodiverse young people. These are kept small enough in numbers to reduce social anxieties and fears.
They are held in a safe environment, where our young people can be understood, accepted and have the opportunity of meeting others like themselves. Our young people will have the time and space to enable them to learn and develop their social and communication skills with others.
Most who attend will have limited opportunities to socialise, learn and have fun, as they may have been unable to join other mainstream clubs or are Home Educated. We provide an avenue for young people and their families to increase their self-esteem, reduce social isolation whilst building their self-confidence.
These also give parent/carers the opportunity to meet, relax, have a coffee and some downtime, whilst their young people socialise, learn and have fun. The sessions are run by experienced/qualified DBS/safeguarded professionals, therapists, play leaders, coaches and volunteers.
🏆 Awards & Achievements 🏆
We run activities for various different ages at multiple locations including:
- Old Management Suite, The Galleria Outlet Centre, Comet Way, Hatfield, Herts, AL10 0XR
- Breaks Manor, Link Drive, Hatfield, Herts AL10 8EY
- Roe Hill Fields, Briars Lane, Hatfield, AL10 8EY
- Birchwood Leisure Center, Longmead, Hatfield AL10 0AN
- Jim McDonald Centre, High View, Hatfield AL10 8HO
Potential Kids works collaboratively to enhance our offer to the Neurodiverse community.
If you wish to support us:
If you wish to make a donation to help Potential Kids you can do so by clicking the link below.
If you wish to get in contact with us:
If you have any questions or inquires feel free to get in contact with us.
Feedback from the Community:
Both my boys absolutely loved the remote minecraft session today and can’t wait for the next one. My youngest told me how happy he felt while playing with other children. Thank you for the session.
PK Wellbeing Evening
I attended this event somewhat cautiously, as I didn’t know anyone and was sceptical about gong baths but WOW! It was AMAZING! Everyone was so warm and friendly. The people leading activities were encouraging and supportive and the whole experience was mind blowing. I cannot wait for the next event.
Thia chia and bath gong experience
Had the most excellent experience attending the thia chi and bath gong experience. I was a bit anxious about attending but was well worth it. It was the time out that I really did need. I had the best night sleep that I’ve had since I can’t remember. Most appreciated.
- We are here at Potential to Grow this morning in the galleria. Please come down and help yourself to bedding plants whic…
- Here we go! Today is the day…. we’ve got the Sign, the Keys, hundreds of Plants donated and the big Dream to make the…
- When we asked for donations of plants and flowers for our garden, we did not expect this!!!!!! 🥳🎊 Literally hundreds o…
- POSITIVE NEWS ALERT 🚨 PK is a Finalist in the National Charity Today Awards – “Disability Impact Award” 🎉 🥰👏🏼 The…
- PK will always be here for you, we’re Send parents too. 💙
- A diagnosis hopefully will also open the door to get support and acceptance. It doesn’t define the amazing person you or…
- **** Let’s talk about Mental Health🌼 There is no doubt that Covid19 has turned all of our lives upside down. So, while…
- ✨ ADHD ✨ “We think more things before breakfast than most people think all day”
- 🌟ANNOUNCEMENT🌟 Covid 19 has certainly made things more difficult to achieve but has also made Potential Kids more dete…
- Standard face masks make lip reading impossible, this App “Live Transcribe” may help, check this out 👇🏼 #inclusion
- A great reminder “You are enough already” 💙💚💛🧡❤️
- This tip may👇🏼 help some kids to wear their face masks more comfortably. Also remember there are exemptions cards you…
- No diagnosis of Tourette Syndrome / Tics disorders are needed to join these meetings. All free, just contact Emma 👇🏼
- No diagnosis of Tourette Syndrome / Tics disorders are needed to join this meetings. All free, just contact Emma 👇🏼
- Please follow and support Grace’s Generation soap! 🧼💚 Amelie you’re unstoppable & you’re certainly making the differen…
- Back to School advice and guidance from AET
- Please take a look at the Updated Blog on the Herts Local Offer to help support you and your families during these diffi…
- Let’s talk Anxiety…. when we struggle with anxiety we get all the negative “What ifs” thoughts coming to our heads….
- If you are interested in our #Technology & #Minecraft related sessions you can join our Potential Tech Facebook group to…
- The “unknown” can trigger our negative emotions to come to the surface, especially at this difficult and unpredictable t…
- Happy Birthday NHS! 🎂 #ThankYou 💙
- It’s not a secret that all charities have struggled during these difficult and uncertain times. Surprises like this one…
- YC Herts do a fantastic job with Young People in Herts. Follow them!
- Starting this Thursday with a lovely illustration about Autism by @elise_gravel ❤️