Welcome to Potential Kids
What is Potential Kids?
Potential Kids is an award winning charity based in Welwyn/Hatfield providing learning, social and sports opportunities to Neurodiverse children / young people (Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Tourette Syndrome amongst other conditions), their siblings and families.
We offer after-school and weekend activity sessions for neurodiverse young people. These are kept small enough in numbers to reduce social anxieties and fears.
They are held in a safe environment, where our young people can be understood, accepted and have the opportunity of meeting others like themselves. Our young people will have the time and space to enable them to learn and develop their social and communication skills with others.
Most who attend will have limited opportunities to socialise, learn and have fun, as they may have been unable to join other mainstream clubs or are Home Educated. We provide an avenue for young people and their families to increase their self-esteem, reduce social isolation whilst building their self-confidence.
These also give parent/carers the opportunity to meet, relax, have a coffee and some downtime, whilst their young people socialise, learn and have fun. The sessions are run by experienced/qualified DBS/safeguarded professionals, therapists, play leaders, coaches and volunteers.
🏆 Awards & Achievements 🏆
We run activities for various different ages at multiple locations including:
- Old Management Suite, The Galleria Outlet Centre, Comet Way, Hatfield, Herts, AL10 0XR
- Potential To Grow, The Galleria Car Park, Comet Way, Hatfield AL10 0XR
- Breaks Manor, Link Drive, Hatfield, Herts AL10 8EY
- Roe Hill Fields, Briars Lane, Hatfield, AL10 8EY
- Birchwood Leisure Center, Longmead, Hatfield AL10 0AN
- Jim McDonald Centre, High View, Hatfield AL10 8HO
Potential Kids works collaboratively to enhance our offer to the Neurodiverse community.
If you wish to support us:
If you wish to make a donation to help Potential Kids you can do so by clicking the link below.
If you wish to get in contact with us:
If you have any questions or inquires feel free to get in contact with us.
Feedback from the Community:
potential kids gardening project.
visited the garden project in the galleria car park regarding helping to do some volunteering while my daughter is at school.
lovely staff, amazing project, community at heart, lovely garden. xx
Both my boys absolutely loved the remote minecraft session today and can’t wait for the next one. My youngest told me how happy he felt while playing with other children. Thank you for the session.
PK Wellbeing Evening
I attended this event somewhat cautiously, as I didn’t know anyone and was sceptical about gong baths but WOW! It was AMAZING! Everyone was so warm and friendly. The people leading activities were encouraging and supportive and the whole experience was mind blowing. I cannot wait for the next event.
- Autism is a neurodevelopmental condition. It’s NOT an illness and it’s NOT mental health. The Mental Health condition is…
- The positives.. inews.co.uk/…/simon-baron-cohen-autistic-people-aut…
- ADHD Traits ? Trans Army thanks :)@adhd_couple
- Please spread the word as this can make a real difference. 1. The £15 school meal vouchers are worth £20 in M&S. 2….
- Fun maths activities ?During the last lockdown I shared some of the activities I did with the kids. I’ve put them toget…
- A good one for parent/carers to attend.. ?
- Sharing our experience of making these yesterday ? ??? Try it!
- Covid-19 update: January 2021 YCH Services for Young People is continuing to support young people across Hertfordshire d…
- ?The NHS is really busy at the moment. If you’re experiencing a mental health crisis, the quickest way to get help at a…
- “Anybody can breath, anybody can practice Yoga” ??♀️??♀️??♂️??♂️ Remember our amazing YOGA classes are: ?F…
- Because it is difficult at the moment to get out and about with our nature spotting guides, we thought we might take lea…
- This….??? #keepgoing
- ⚠️School Rapid Testing⚠️ VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for non-clinical duties in Hatfield. Can you help? ?????? #COVID19***…
- A very interesting article about the differences and similarities between ASD & TOURETTES by Dr Seonaid Anderson. ??
- Embracing Neurodiversity ?☂️1 in 5 human beings have either dyslexia, ADHD, dyspraxia, autism spectrum…. some of us h…
- In case it helps anyone.?For the parents that don’t know where to start when teaching the kids at home ✌?❤️✔️
- Good luck to all our Superstars doing their exams this week. ???? Breath & Do your best. ❤️
- It’s always been our pleasure to support the Lister Hospital especially a at this difficult time. ? Can our PK Supersta…
- It’s always been our pleasure to support our Lister Hospital especially a at this difficult time. ? Can our PK Supersta…
- ???”Today was a Difficult Day,” said Pooh. There was a pause. “Do you want to talk about it?” asked Piglet. “No,” sai…
- The struggle is real for many families. ? Hang in there! We’ll get through this.. ❤️
- Logging on to Teams and viewing your email couldn’t be more accessible! Check out the handy guide below to access office…
- Potential Kids: BBC to put lessons on TV during lockdown