Welcome to Potential Kids
What is Potential Kids?
Potential Kids is an award winning charity based in Welwyn/Hatfield providing learning, social and sports opportunities to Neurodiverse children / young people (Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Tourette Syndrome amongst other conditions), their siblings and families.
We offer after-school and weekend activity sessions for neurodiverse young people. These are kept small enough in numbers to reduce social anxieties and fears.
They are held in a safe environment, where our young people can be understood, accepted and have the opportunity of meeting others like themselves. Our young people will have the time and space to enable them to learn and develop their social and communication skills with others.
Most who attend will have limited opportunities to socialise, learn and have fun, as they may have been unable to join other mainstream clubs or are Home Educated. We provide an avenue for young people and their families to increase their self-esteem, reduce social isolation whilst building their self-confidence.
These also give parent/carers the opportunity to meet, relax, have a coffee and some downtime, whilst their young people socialise, learn and have fun. The sessions are run by experienced/qualified DBS/safeguarded professionals, therapists, play leaders, coaches and volunteers.
Potential To Grow
Covid 19 has certainly made things more difficult to achieve but has also made Potential Kids more determined to succeed. Therefore, our new project “POTENTIAL TO GROW” is even more important to us and the community! This is Potential Kids’ new COMMUNITY & LEARNING GARDEN based at The Galleria. Exciting times ahead at the galleria! Our garden will be an inclusive, diverse and a safe space for everyone to learn and relax, especially during these difficult times.
Awards & Achievements
We run activities for various different ages at multiple locations including:
- Old Management Suite, The Galleria Outlet Centre, Comet Way, Hatfield, Herts, AL10 0XR
- Potential To Grow, The Galleria Car Park, Comet Way, Hatfield AL10 0XR
- Breaks Manor, Link Drive, Hatfield, Herts AL10 8EY
- Roe Hill Fields, Briars Lane, Hatfield, AL10 8EY
- Birchwood Leisure Center, Longmead, Hatfield AL10 0AN
Potential Kids works collaboratively to enhance our offer to the Neurodiverse community.
If you wish to support us:
If you wish to make a donation to help Potential Kids you can do so by clicking the link below.
If you wish to get in contact with us:
If you have any questions or inquires feel free to get in contact with us.
Feedback from the Community:
potential kids gardening project.
visited the garden project in the galleria car park regarding helping to do some volunteering while my daughter is at school.
lovely staff, amazing project, community at heart, lovely garden. xx
Both my boys absolutely loved the remote minecraft session today and can’t wait for the next one. My youngest told me how happy he felt while playing with other children. Thank you for the session.
PK Wellbeing Evening
I attended this event somewhat cautiously, as I didn’t know anyone and was sceptical about gong baths but WOW! It was AMAZING! Everyone was so warm and friendly. The people leading activities were encouraging and supportive and the whole experience was mind blowing. I cannot wait for the next event.
- Oh Yes! 📦 ☂ 🌈#Neurodiversity ☂️
- We re-started our Covid-Friendly Cycling lessons last Friday. Here’s what a very happy mum has told us.. ❤️ “My daughte…
- Starting the week with an important reminder! 🌸 Blessing Manifesting
- ADHD 💙
- PK EASTER FOREST SCHOOL 🌳🪵🌳🐿🌳 We run 3 successful sessions yesterday with lots of activities including; making hot…
- Can you help with this Research? An invitation to participate in research into family holidays with children with Autism…
- AUTISM & EMPATHY (graphic + links) The stereotype that being Autistic = “lack of empathy” can lead to some very harmful…
- 📢 So excited about this… 🚴🏽♀️🚴🏽♀️🚴🏽♀️ Starting this Friday 9th April. Our Learn to Ride 1:1 hour sessions wi…
- Wishing all of our families, friends and supporters a very Happy Easter! Stay safe! 🐣💛🐣💛🐣
- THANK YOU so much Welwyn Hatfield Cvs & Waitrose & Partners for your kind and wonderful Easter Eggs donations. You’ve m…
- Potential Kids: £2.5m to reduce waiting lists for autism assessment
- 🌍♾ WORLD AUTISM DAY ♾🌏 It’s easy to be “Aware” but what autistic people really need is “Acceptance” all over the world…
- The Latest COVID Information Champion Update. Feedback link: www.whcvs.org.uk/the-latest-covid-19-information-ch…
- 1:1 Counselling from Mind for 11-17 year old. #justtalk
- 🐣 EASTER FUN 🐣 Today we’re cooking a Mini Egg Cheesecake with Daisy Bake! 🥰 @11am on Zoom potentialkids.org/activiti…
- ⚠️⚠️ Please sign this petition to increase funding to provide support and research into TOURETTES SYNDROME. ⚠️⚠️ Tourett…
- 🐣🐣 EASTER ACTIVITIES for Neurodiverse Children/YP & Siblings 🐣🐣 🔹🔹 To book: potentialkids.org/activities 🔹🔹 🌳…
- The Spring has arrived to Potential to Grow and our garden is looking gorgeous. 🌱🌷🌻 We’re ready for Easter and you?�…
- Calling Co-Op Shoppers Potential Kids LEARNING & SENSORY GARDEN in Hatfield has been selected to take part in the CO-O…
- Today is Purple Day, a chance to talk about and understand more about Epilepsy. Epilepsy and seizures are something we s…
- Loving this…! ✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽The school punished him for his frequent graffiti. And then this kid got a job decorating the w…
- This is heartbreaking 💔*** Content Warning – Mention of sui**de *** We are deeply saddened and join the rest of the TS…
- 🧘🏾♂️ KIDS YOGA 🧘🏼 info: 🐣The class is moving to Sundays from 11th April at 10am. 🐣 Easter Special Kids Yoga: Sa…
- Potential Kids: When Parent and Child Both Have ADHD | Child Mind Institute